Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's OK to fold a pretty hand

Yesterday freerollerz leage 2 game 3 kicked off. I got seated with tomonbass to my right and holis to my left. I respect the play of both of these players - when they tell you they have a hand - they're usually not kidding - and only on occasion will I look these pre-flop raises up with anything other than a killer hand. And I know tom's just red Harrington on Hold'em - so I'm no expecting great bluffs from him.

About half an hour into the game yesterday - kesaco on tom's right hasn't caught any cards apparantly and is nearing critical M. I'm pretty sure his waiting for a high pair or big slick to make a preflop push hoping to double up.

This hand kesaco is UTG - and goes all in....I've picked up AKo - but before I get a chance to call - tom reraises allin.....

So for the first time ever I muck AK preflop - apparantly holis picked up KQs after me and decided to fold too.
kesaco had J6o - tom AA and the aces held up.

edit: I had to come back and edit this entry after reviewing the hand history on this- it was as accurate as the weather report....